This page can resume what we were doing at http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/WikiProjectOpen -- we are having some tehnical difficulties with that one :)
Continued notes from WikiProject Open Discussion from 3 October 2013
Who is here:
- Sara Frank Bristow
- Peter Forsyth
- Lane Rasberry
To Do list:
From other etherpad:
How can we best reach people who have expressed interest in these projects?
- Next planning call/webinar: Tuesday, October 15 at 7pm Pacific time
- What will WP Open be?
- A landing page for all OPEN Wikiprojects on Wikipedia?
- Why migrate any content?
- What conversations should these communities have together, and which should they have alone?
- One proposal could be to keep intact all WikiProjects, but have forums redirect to one central location. If any WikiProject begins to cause a lot of specialized comments to go into the general forum then that project's community can go into their own forum.
- Do people from the different communities want to talk to each other? Start with OA, Linux/OSS, OER to find out if any pushback - then reach out to others
- Concept of FLOW: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Flow
- Or newer FLOW: PORTAL http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Flow_Portal
- Lane can draft a template message for all Open talk pages, and suggest they direct talk to WP Open Talk page and then we would push q/a back to relevant communities
- Pete suggests scaled back version as above
- Feature the OA email list on the front page of WP:OPEN with a clear message about its use