School of Open courses at http://schoolofopen.org.
= COURSES READY TO TAKE =
= DRAFT COURSES THAT ARE READY TO TEST (LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK) =
Leave comments in the courses themselves, or post them here.
= COURSES UNDER DEVELOPMENT (LOOKING FOR COLLABORATORS) =
Interested in helping to develop one of these courses? Join the discussion list (https://groups.google.com/group/school-of-open ) and send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
---- NEEDS OWNER ----
---- COURSES BY USER SCENARIO ----
= NEW COURSE IDEAS =
Add new ideas here, or choose one and start building. Use https://p2pu.org/en/groups/make-a-course/ as a guide for creating a new course. Begin outlining the course in a new pad (http://pad.p2pu.org/) and link to it above! You can also create the course directly at the P2PU platform: https://p2pu.org/en/groups/create/.
- Understand use and reuse of Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike licensed content
- Introduction to concept of openness -Include definitions of specific areas of openness (eg. Open Source, Open Access)
- How to open license on Flickr
- How to choose a license /use the CC choose-a-license tool
- Something on metadata
- How to contribute to Wikipedia
- *not sure how this will be structured yet, but the Open.Michigan team plans to convert its dScribe process/training to challenges on P2PU* https://open.umich.edu/wiki/DScribe
- license your website
- share your own images under an open license
- remix a video
- share a licensed presentation on SlideShare
- open data group?
- Citizen Environmental Science in relation to the work that SafeCast (already under CC), PEERSpace and LA Makerspace are doing. Would like it Youth focused. (Tara Brown @tara)
- Teaching Educators and students about copyright and "open licensing"
- Making the case for "open" within their institutions
- Teaching GLAM about open- policies, pratices, how tos?
- A course for lawyers/legal practitioners who require additional background in "open" issues
- Open licensing in Govt
- Open Public Sector Information initiatives- international comparisions
- Learning about OER
- How educators can leverage open resources to improve teaching in the classroom
- Charlie Danoff: Open Journalism? ... Cf. http://www.the.oj.danoff.org/index.htm/ project of mine on hiatus since late '09 ... @danoff / email@example.com
- Course on international jurisdiction for bloggers. When you post content online which country's jurisdiction do you fall under? (American photos, posted in Britain etc.) Provide guidance for regional variation.
- Open for Business (show SMEs (small-medium enterprises / startups) the benefits of open practices and how they may apply to their businesses. Discuss potential business models).