P2PU Community Call
Thursday 13 December 2012
P2PU: Good hair. Slick Style. Hard livin'. Fun.
Bekka (thanks to VMG for wrangling) Philipp
Quick 4Ps and an I report back from staff
- Brisketfest tonight [VMG]
- I think we should alternate between PPPP and a project grouped checkin?
- Vanessa and Leah to get together and do a "Compare and contrast" between p2pu.org courses and beta.p2pu.org coures
- Self definition: What characterizes P2PU? (Good hair, slick style, hard living, fun): could be a new tagline from the community every time you log in (LEAH'S IDEA!!!)
- learning opportunities
- Free stylin'
- loose knit but fits so good
- self directed
- Always tuned in (try having a conversation with one of us without education coming up)
- Open to new possibilities
- Young, but rich in institutional memory
- Individual Goal-Setting: What are you psyched to do in 2013?
- produce! +5
- 3 School of Open Badges courses will be taking off with 15 people (at least) enrolled in each.
- for 2012 - finish CSS
- 2013 - MOOC Maker!+5K
- School of Sound has one course off the ground and running
- Become better open source code participant
- Implement and Ship Assessment Plan +1 Deep Dish Pizza in Chicago+10
- Fiction MOOC using Git/Github for peer review and revisions
- Online/offline course - collaboration with 2/3 maker spaces
- Streamline P2PU tech dev.
- Social Networking graduate class embedded in SOE w/ possible grad credit from Antioch New England.