"a course led by a machine" - this should be clearly laid out on the front page
- have people lean on each other for help - how?
- like the option to do thecourse on your own
- "what is the mechanical mooc" question isn't clear
- there's no action to take in the first email - would be nice to have a link back to the course page (my first instinct is just to click the existing link, which would unsubscribe me!)
- for self-assessemnt of learning style - can we do some a/b testing where we send people to the "wrong" style, and see if they perform better/worse?
- first question - helptext in the wrong space
- second question doesn't align properly - "Learning style" should be on same level as "When learning something ..."
- "from" email - from "mechanical mooc" would be more clear than "the machine" +1
- "join" should be bigger+1
spre-selected timezone not correct
- didn't select an image, but sign-up still worked
- placement of sign-up form: finish button below the fold on smaller screens+1 (is it necessary to be a modal window? maybe we could try alternatives)
- I am able to start sign-up with same email again (already signed-up). suggestion -> sign-up form should not open if user is already signed-up
- Change "Bootstrap from Twitter" title of the page -> "The Mechanical Mooc presents ..."
- add "level of expertise" question back to the form
- initial welcome email should explicitly say that this is a maling list or "reply to this email to..." - i was looking for the link to click, to introduce myself.
- "machine" personality - request to avoid making the personality too simplistic/patronizing
- what do you do if you don't like any of the three images?
- I would like every email to have a 'play' button, where a computer voice reads the email out.
goals for mooc character:
- social presence
- make it more memorable
Evil force--trying to sabotage
style of opposites? ( now, when you start writing python, definitely do not care about whitespace )
"Hello, I am The MooC. Welcome to my group...be sure to not communicate with your fellow learners, if someone learns more slowly, pointing and laughing will make you feel great"
Evil MOOC--nice supportive MOOC
good mooc bad mooc
Marvin the Paranoid android, dry humor (ala hitchhikers guide to the galaxy)
I just keep thinking about cows. "MOOc". Medusa cows with many heads?
How to put people together in groups? / How should we group people?
- time of signup (starting together)
- by diversity of skill level
Problem: Forgot to send from my @p2pu address, and got a bounceback: Bad destination address - bekka
Niels didnt get an email - he signed up after the group was created
The submit button can only be seen in firefox on fullscreen